14 Ways To Spend Your Summer Fridays In Brooklyn Bridge Park
Down where Brooklyn hugs the East River and Wall Street looms large in the distance, there is a park. You could spend the entire summer exploring this park and still not run out of things to do, for this park is a veritable playground for all ages. Below, 14 things to do at Brooklyn Bridge Park this summer (one for each Summer Friday!).
1. Try Bocce ball at Pier 2
2. Split a pizza (or two!) and a bottle of rose (or three!) at the rooftop of Fornino.
3. Charter a sailboat.
4. Get a team together for beach volleyball.
5. Take the Ferry from Pier 6 to Governor’s Island.
6. Take a dip in the Pop-Up Pool.
7. Bike the length of the waterfront at sunset.
8. Eat a free hot dog from the Hot Dog Bus, a vintage VW Microbus that’s been transformed into a bright yellow food truck by artist Erwin Wurm.
9. Go kayaking (for free).
10. Play Ping Pong at Pier 2.
11. Sip a lemonade from Lizzmonade and walk the promenade.
12. Give back at Coastal Cleanup.
13. Take in some live music at Bargemusic.
14. Host a BBQ at the picnic tables by Pier 5. (BYO charcoal.)
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
334 Furman Street